ld aloft. Selanne recently retired afte

Fotografie všeho druhu

ld aloft. Selanne recently retired afte

Příspěvekod lw789 » pát 20. črc 2018 7:19:34

WINNIPEG -- Canadian Olympian Brittany Schussler has retired from competitive long-track speedskating. The 29-year-old from Winnipeg has competed internationally for 13 seasons and this past year was named Speed Skating Canadas top female long-track skater. "Competing with Canada written on my skin suit has been the biggest honour I could ever ask for, and something that I have never taken for granted," Schussler said on her website. "I could not be more proud to be Canadian, and that was never more true than at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. The energy and support of the crowd that I felt in my first Olympic race, the 1,000 metres, is perhaps my favourite moment of my entire career." Schussler represented Canada at three Olympic Games. In Vancouver in 2010, she took fifth place in the team pursuit event, 25th in the 1,000 metres and 35th in the 1,500. In Sochi in 2014, she was fifth in the pursuit, 19th in the 3,000 metres, 26th in the 1,500 and 30th in the 1,000. She was also an alternate for the 500-metre and pursuit events at the 2006 Turin Games. Schussler was part of team pursuit squads that won gold at the 2009 and 2011 world single distance long-track championships and silver in 2008 and 2012. She was also part of nine pursuit World Cup gold medals, to go with five silver and a bronze. Individually, she won one World Cup silver and five bronze medals in the 1,500, along with a bronze in the 3,000. Her final medal was a bronze in the 1,500 last November in Astana, Kazakhstan. Schussler is part of the Canadian trio that set the womens pursuit record time of two minutes 55.79 seconds at Calgarys Olympic Oval on Dec. 6, 2009. "The devotion and passion she brought to the sport helped to promote speed skating and values promoted by our sport not only on the ice, but also outside the rink," Speed Skating Canada president Jim Allison said in a release. "Congratulations Brittany and good luck for your next steps." Alphonse Areola Paris Saint-Germain Jersey . LOUIS -- The St. Dani Alves Jersey .com) - The surprising Calgary Flames host the winless New Jersey Devils at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Friday. http://www.psgsoccershop.com/c-19-layvi ... sey.aspx.5 million, four-year contract with the Texas Rangers that could be worth $32. Giovani Lo Celso Paris Saint-Germain Jersey . Louis Cardinals have agreed to a one-year contract. Adrien Rabiot Paris Saint-Germain Jersey . -- The taxing preseason, which included two games in China, is finally over.DENVER -- The goaltender known as "Jiggy" is stepping away from the net. Jean-Sebastien Giguere announced his retirement Thursday after 16 NHL seasons in which he won 262 games, a Conn Smythe Trophy and a Stanley Cup championship. The Colorado Avalanche say Giguere made his decision in Quebec while with the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada hockey team. Hes part owner of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League squad. "His achievements speak for themselves, from winning the Stanley Cup to winning the Conn Smythe, Jiggy was always a top-notch goaltender," team executive Joe Sakic said in a statement. "He was also a very important part of our team during the past three seasons, providing veteran leadership and stability in net. We wish him and his family the best of luck." Giguere served as Semyon Varlamovs backup last season in Hall of Fame goaltender Patrick Roys first season behind the bench. The team made it back to the post-season for the first time since 2010. Whats more, Giguere took rookie Nathan MacKinnon under his wing and allowed the talented teenager to live in the familys baasement all season.dddddddddddd The two even car-pooled to games and practices. The 37-year-old Giguere is best known for his time with the Anaheim Ducks. He led the team to two appearances in the Stanley Cup finals, capturing the Conn Smythe Trophy in defeat in 2003 and hoisting the Cup in 2007. The Ducks fans even gave Giguere an ovation after a game in Anaheim, California, last April. He skated to centre ice that night with former teammate Teemu Selanne, their clasped hands held aloft. Selanne recently retired after a 21-season NHL career spent mostly with Anaheim. "For (Selanne) to do that, its something thats very special for me, and something Ill never forget," Giguere said. Giguere was originally drafted by Hartford with the 13th overall pick 1995 and played eight games with the Whalers in 1996-97. He was the last active player to have suited up for Hartford. A fan favourite wherever he went, Giguere also played for Calgary and Toronto. Giguere played in 597 regular season games and faced 16,325 shots in 33,719 minutes. He finished his career with a 2.53 goals-against average and 38 shutouts. White NFL Jerseys Cheap Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Zpět na Fotografie